Senior Product Manager
- Home Office, Nationwide, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As a member of the Freckle product team, you'll helping develop and execute on our product vision as Renaissance becomes the most important education company of a generation. We want Freckle to be the product that students and teachers trust most for learning by doing - we've just gotten started, and we want your help to get to the next level!
You'll work on features for teachers that:
- Give them better information about how to reach their students where they most need help
- Give them more time to spend on the higher priorities in their role
- Make them advocates for Freckle when talking to their peers and administrators
You'll assist on features for students that:
- Engage them in ideas and problems in Math, English, Social Studies, and Science, and encourage them to tackle problems on their own
- Help them realize that struggling is an important part of learning, and inspire them to persevere
Your first week will consist of:
- Examining the data around an existing feature, completing user interviews, and developing a plan for improvement
- Examining collected feedback around a specific feature request, talk to users who gave that feedback, and think about how that fits in with the overall product, then build a spec to address it
Your first quarter:
- Partner with designers and engineers to craft solutions
- Work with your fellow product managers to prioritize the roadmap
- Work with the teams such as sales, marketing, and support to understand how are products are sold and implemented
- Assess the solutions you have shipped to identify areas to continue to evolve them to better help users accomplish their goals
Your first year:
- Have an impact on millions of students and arm them for success in school and in life
- Own the discovery and delivery of initiatives to bring Freckle users new capabilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven 5 years of experience in software product management, data science, product design, or related role
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and a collaborative nature, including listening skills
- Educational background or experience (in the classroom or in edtech)
- High degree of emotional intelligence for those within and beyond the team, including K-12 students
- Passion for shipping the best products and achieving the best outcomes for users and customers
Bonus Points for:
- Experience crafting and executing product tests and experiments
- Project management and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities; experience with BI/analytics tools and SQL
- Technical, design, or marketing background
Salary Range: $105,000 - $145,000 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!