- Home Office, Remote, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Our Psychometrics team is responsible for the development and maintenance of assessments – both computerized adaptive tests (CAT) and curriculum-based measures (CBM) – ensuring that they meet and adhere to the prevailing industry standards for educational testing. As a member of this team, you will collaborate with your teammates, product managers, content teams, engineering, and others, utilizing your full range of psychometric knowledge and skills to bring world class assessments to the K-12 space
In this role, you will:
- Mentor lower-level Psychometricians
- Manage projects through product implementation and evaluation
- Represent the department to senior management and customer advocacy groups or committees
- Exercise judgement of analysis, methodology, and techniques to accomplish goals
- Apply knowledge of psychometrics and statistics to the design, development, and evaluation of tests and other educational products
- Plan advanced research studies, including item calibration, test norming, and validity studies
- Analyze item response, score distribution, reliability and validity research data as part of test development process
- Design and implement psychometric studies to support new products or new product development
- Coordinate with Product Management, Engineering, Content Development, and other internal groups to deliver new products
- Investigate and diagnose complex anomalies, issues, and customer concerns related to scores
- Present to and document work for both internal and external clients, using the appropriate communication for the audience
For this role, you must have:
- Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) in education, measurement, statistics, evaluation, or relevant field and minimum 6 years of experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of CAT design, IRT, and statistical methods, and proficiency with statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, R, Python)
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Project management skills, with emphasis on technical design and implementation of educational tests
Bonus points for:
- Experience in applied measurement in an education setting
- Bilingual in Spanish.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $115,000 –$155,000. This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!