Employee Relations Advisor
- Home Office, Remote, Nationwide, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Would you like to join a team of highly motivated, hardworking individuals in the Human Resources department? The Employee Relations Advisor will provide HR mentorship and support to management and employees regarding performance management, and HR policies.
Crucial Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with managers on performance manage issues and advise on appropriate strategies. Develop strategies for proactively addressing performance issues.
- Serve as go-to resource for leader and employee questions on HR policies and practices. Direct employees to the appropriate resource or Center of Excellence on HR questions.
- Proactively partner with HR Operations to update internal resources, including HR intranet site, with relevant information and FAQs for leaders and employees.
- Counsel leaders on employee relations matters.
- Assist with internal investigations.
- Liaise with all other areas of HR that touch employee relations. This includes Benefits, HRBPs, Compensation, Leadership Development, and Diversity Equity and Inclusion (ADA/FMLA, policy issues, compliance, etc.)
- Identify, implement, and/or deliver performance management and other future HR training needs. Work with HR Operations team to ensure annual web-based training on various HR topics.
- Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations to leadership based on interview themes and feedback.
- Partner with subject matter policies to maintain and develop policies cross-functionally. Maintain HR policies and work cross-functionally to update other company policies.
- Contribute to other HR projects and initiatives as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- At least three years’ Human Resources experience with an emphasis in employee relations and investigation basics
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and Fair Labor Standards Act. This includes experience with performance management strategies, workplace investigations, and other HR practices and procedures.
- Former legal background
- Experience in advising leaders/major stakeholders in performance improvement processses
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Certification in Human Resources (SHRM or HRCI) encouraged but not required
Other General Skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and situations
- Honed critical reasoning and problem-solving skills with a focus on conflict resolution
- Proven communication skills and ability to establish relationships.
Salary Range: $66,000-$99,000
- Salary is configured by external market data, cost of living, etc. and may vary by location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Renaissance is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Renaissance will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!