Software Engineer II
- Remote, Home, Office, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Do you want to help develop products that truly make a difference in the lives of millions of students? Then this role is for you! As a Software Engineer working with our Astrogators team, you’ll work in an Agile Scrum environment, collaborating with a group of highly talented software engineers to design and build our next generation of web applications.
In this role, you will:
- Building a modern AWS Serverless Applications using Angular as Front-end with API Gateway Lambda for the backend. The Lambdas will be built with Frameworks such as .NET Core, Node.js, and GraphQL
- Maintain and add feature to exist ECS .NetCore Services
- Influence a new CI build process using Git, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, AWS CodeDeploy and AWS Code Pipeline
- Help develop a suite of automated test for the future CI/CD pipeline.
- Understand AWS Cloud and troubleshooting distributed systems -working in AWS services DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, CloudFront, API Gateway, S3, and Lambda.
- Be a part of an agile team that is truly committed to code quality and innovation
For this role, you must have:
- 3-5 years professional experience in full-stack development with a recent focus on building web-based applications.
- Extensive experience with various engineering technologies such as:
- C#, Java, or other object-oriented languages
- Styling with CSS
- SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL) and MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
Bonus points for:
- Advanced skills in developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices, and event-driven architectures
- Experience leading and mentoring others
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and technologies around version control, test automation frameworks, continuous integration/deployment and production monitoring & support
- Experience developing applications in Python
- Familiar with NGRX and Angular Elements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range -$74,900-$142,800 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Renaissance is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Renaissance will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!