Senior Machine Learning Engineer -Freckle by Renaissance
- Remote, Any City, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Our team empowers teachers to reach every student at their level. We are looking for a passionate machine learning engineer with a strong desire to change education to join Freckle’s R&D Team. As a member of the team (composed of engineers, and education specialists), you will collaborate to build the adaptive learning vision of Freckle and define its roadmap.
This position is available on-site or remote (United States time-zones).
In this role, you will:
· Be a driving force behind project proposals, take ownership of projects, and lead them to release supporting our product development.
· Get your hands dirty in technical problems and design, implement, and evaluate machine learning algorithms.
· Work closely with Freckle educators, product managers, customer support representatives, account executives and other engineers to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless improvement.
· Communicate effectively in a distributed work environment.
How you will do this:
· You are creative in your use of machine learning, with technical and theoretical fluency;
· You are very analytic.
· You show initiative & leadership.
· You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
· You bring your own unique skillset to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your product team’s goals.
· You prioritize your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
· You experiment, test, try, fail, and learn continuously.
· You don’t do things just because they were always done that way, you bring your experience and expertise with you and help the team make the best decisions.
For this role, you must have:
· Multiple years of experience working as a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist.
· Strong knowledge and experience in Python and SQL.
· Experience working with product managers & engineers.
· Great communication skills and a proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
Bonus points for:
· Experience with A/B testing implementation
· Experience in defining data architecture
· Knowledge of educational development in children
· Experience in adaptive learning
· You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: 155,700 -198,000. This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/