Senior Accessibility Analyst
- Home Office, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide! Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Senior Accessibility Analyst will help Renaissance Learning achieve our mission of accelerating learning for all by ensuring our EdTech products are accessible to students and educators. This position will be the key accessibility domain professional for product development teams and will not only test, seek, and consult on accessibility issues at all stages of the lifecycle, but will work with the team to mature this capability, providing training and interpersonal process improvement support.
- Test and analyze product software for accessibility issues and work with developers and designers to define and implement solutions
- Work with Product Managers and Product Owners to help ensure requirements and stories fully represent users with disabilities
- Advise designers and developers to ensure designs and pre-development technical decisions will produce accessible products
- Work with QA staff to ensure they are following accessibility test plans and catching all issues. Make determinations around when and how automated accessibility testing should be used alone and/or in conjunction with human testing
- Be a main point of contact for accessibility-related documentation such as VPAT's and RFP's
- Design, develop, and deliver accessibility-related training
For this role, you must have:
- Strong Domain Expertise in WCAG web compliance guidelines, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
- Experience helping teams evolve from no accessibility to strong, sustained accessibility built into their structure, process, culture, and products.
- Domain Expertise in ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
- Experience using common Accessibility testing tools as well as Screen Readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Talkback & Voiceover
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with QA processes, UX principles, HTML, and CSS
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of proven experience with demonstrable expertise in accessible (508/WCAG) analysis, design, and testing as well as working with teams to bring about improvements in process and efficiency.
- Travel is not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K with generous matching
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays and Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in that guiding principle is dedication to serving all identities by recognizing the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our organization, our work, and our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we write our job descriptions to articulate our flexibility and we encourage all applications. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the criteria in a job post. We hope you're open to learning new skills to grow with us. Make our team, your team!