Senior Computer Technician - Team Lead
- 2911 Peach St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, USA
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As a team member of Computer and Help Desk Support Technicians in the Wisconsin Rapids, WI office, you will be responsible for providing first line support for PC and Mac related problems by answering inquiries or resolving computer related issues in person and via telephone; providing assistance concerning the use of end user computer hardware and software; configuring and installing new hardware and software and reviewing, supervising and upgrading existing systems. Building and repairing of hardware and helping users with peripherals as needed.
As a team lead you will be responsible for coordinating the work activities of the team you lead, training them, setting strategy and supervising progress towards goals. You will monitor tasks and develop a plan to accomplish them.
User Support Analysis
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support from all users (including executive level); identify, research, and resolve technical problems; ensure timely resolution and follow-up.
- Answer basic questions or resolve basic computer problems in an expedient manner, aid with hardware and software related problems.
- Diagnose calls to determine level of technical assistance required; if unable to resolve problem, transfer call in accordance with customer concern procedures.
- Provide support for all user IT related issues; work with available resources to provide effective solutions, break/fix, and problem resolution.
- Train users in the accurate use of hardware as necessary.
- Document and update technical and non-technical solutions
- Maintains IT equipment database
- Assist remote Network Administrators as needed
- Work call center with a team of other Technicians located in the Wisconsin Rapids, WI office
- Other duties as assigned
New Equipment Installation
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring accurate installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience Desktop Support role preferred
- Windows AND Mac OS experience required
- Knowledge of computer programs including current Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office products, Helpdesk ticketing software is a plus; Apple OS X is vital, IOS and Android.
- Proven knowledge using and solving problems with various applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and web-based applications and browsers.
- Ability to configure Outlook and solve issues such as views, calendar-sharing, email rules, data migration, etc.
- Solid project management and documentation skills
- PowerShell scripting
- Good written and oral communication skills, organization skills and goal setting
· Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
· Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
· Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
· Vacation Time Off
· 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
· Commuter benefits
· Wellness Incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented racial minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!