Global Tax Senior Manager
- home office, Madison, WI, United States
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Reporting to the Global Controller you will be responsible for overall management of the tax strategy, tax compliance and tax planning functions for the company. You will establish strong relationships with all third parties who provide tax related services to Renaissance on a global basis. This will also involve tax strategies, compliance initiatives, and working with third parties on all tax related due diligence with acquisitions.
In this role, you will:
· Identify and coordinate completion of all tax strategic initiatives globally
· Coordinate completion of US Federal and State income tax returns.
· Coordinate all sales tax related items with third parties and questions that arise from customers to be effectively addressed.
· Coordinate quarterly and annual income tax provision work as needed.
· Coordinate with the company’s external audit firm on all ASC 740 matters.
· Coordinate sales/use tax related reporting and payments.
· Coordinate of all local-country International reporting and compliance.
· Coordinate of the estimated quarterly income tax payments with third parties.
· Review of all work performed by third parties and pace all third parties for timely completion.
· Communicate internally all key tax strategies and with the Board and Executive team as needed to ensure awareness and understanding and execution of tax strategies.
· Coordinate with third parties of tax-related items for Financial Statement audits and regulatory audits.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or Master’s degree from four-year college or university
• Minimum of eight years related experience in either a public accounting tax department and/or corporate tax environment.
• Global tax experience
Bonus points for:
• Experience with OneSource
• Experience in working in an outsourced tax department environment
• Experience with addressing tax-related items in acquisitions
· Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
· Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
· Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
· Vacation Time Off
· 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
· Commuter benefits
· Wellness Incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented racial minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!