Sales Development Representative
- Home Office, Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Are you looking to break into Ed-Tech Sales? This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing Sales team! Work with our Director of Sales and the Freckle Marketing Team to secure meetings with inbound leads generated via Freckle's large base of free users while uncovering new partnership opportunities through outbound prospecting for our Sales team to convert to paying customers.
You will be working with educators to demonstrate the value of Freckle’s adaptive learning solutions by setting meetings with school and district decision makers. As a Sales Development Representative, you will learn the fundamentals of how to sell, pursue leads and prospect for new opportunities. Your ideas and innovation will help build a sales minded organization!
In this role, you will:
- Master the Freckle product and sales process
- Dive into how schools run, how they attain their goals and how they allocate funding
- Seek opportunities for outbound cold-calling and pre-qualify incoming Leads
- Identify your lead's classroom challenges and communicate Freckle's value proposition to resolve them
- Be a teacher / administrator language specialist and student of their space for a consultative approach
- Become the face of a territory where schools will know who will help them with all things Freckle by Renaissance
For this role, you must have:
- A passion for a Sales career in education and willingness to be mentored
- Strong organization skills, an understanding of how to optimally manage time, and are driven to ensure work is completed and goals are met
- Effective interpersonal skills on the phone and video chat - can think on your feet and adapt to new technology
- Anticipate risk and failure as a means to learn, not defeat
- Are outstandingly upbeat and love engaging with potential customers
- If you are bilingual and speak French fluently
Education and Experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- No travel required - position is fully remote
- Total Target Compensation (Base and commission breakdown): $69k - 73k. Salary is configured by external market data, cost of living, etc. and may vary by location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays plus Vacation Time Off
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet all of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. We are also committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview. Please reach out to us if you need to request accommodations. Make our team, your team!