Product Manager - China
- 9 Dong Da Qiao Lu, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100010
Renaissance® is a leading provider of assessment technology to primary and secondary schools. Renaissance products promote success amongst students of all ages and abilities through personalised assessment and practice in reading and maths.
Our software helps to enhance literacy and numeracy skills, support differentiated instruction, and personalise learning to optimise student development. Immediate feedback and detailed reporting equip teachers with the information needed to monitor progress and measure growth. In the UK and Ireland, almost 6,000 schools and more than 1.4 million students use Renaissance products. Worldwide, we support over 18 million students, operating in 96 countries.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our China team. In this role, you will manage the requirements for localization of products and solutions for China market, work closely with the International Product, Sales and Marketing teams, as well as customers, to envision and communicate the creation of solutions that meet China market and JV demands. You will also liaise with the Product team to provide support on the products to China JV team.
- Specify China market requirements for current and future by conducting market research and UX research supported by close and frequent communications with China JV team, on-going visits to customers and non-customers and combining that with the knowledge of market trends, educational research, and other sources
- Works closely with Product and Engineering to localize US products to meet market requirements, products contract, and overall positioning
- Work closely with an International Product counterpart to define product release requirements
- Work closely with other product leaders to ensure solution and portfolio success for cross-product initiatives
- Work closely with Sales team to understand, collate, and summarize client and market feedbacks on products with improvement suggestions and manage the whole implementation of the defined product development project.
- Work closely with Marketing to define the Go-to-Market strategy, helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Research into the ESL competition trends and competitors’ product development moves, conduct market analysis, forecasting, and competitive analysis and report to China JV senior management team and Renaissance International Product leader on regular basis to ensure China product strategy and growth.
- Will work with Marketing, Product and Sales teams on pricing and packaging decisions, and operationalizing those decisions including licensing to support both resellers and direct sales team
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist, working with the sales channel, key customers, and business development partners
- Support areas where product and development operations converge to ensure support and product delivery for international and reseller operations, large customer support and licensing
- Successfully position product with a strong understanding of the market and customer needs
- Successfully identify key buying influences and develop multi-faceted approaches to win sales
- Provide sufficient and effective liaison with technical support on the products to China JV team as well as clients in the market as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. In accordance with applicable laws, Renaissance Learning will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s (BS or BA) or equivalent required, and
- Minimum 8 years of product manager experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- None required, although may be required by states to register and/or complete background screening necessary for access to schools or state offices
- Proficient with PC applications
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Virtual meeting software proficiency
Other General Skills
- Must speak fluent Mandarin and English
- Must have an excellent understanding of China market K-12 and ESL market
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style
- Demonstrated ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to top management, public groups, state or federal education officials, top educators, and/or governing boards
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, and algebra
- Understanding of psychometric principles as they relate to formative and summative assessments, and progress monitoring and screening tools
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.”
Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission. Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please note that we can only consider applicants who already hold a full UK work permit.