Computer Technician III
- 2911 Peach St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, USA
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As a team member of Computer and Help Desk Support Technicians in the Wisconsin Rapids, WI office, you will be responsible for providing first line support for PC and Mac related problems by answering inquiries or resolving computer related issues in person, via telephone or from a remote location; providing assistance concerning the use of end user computer hardware and software; configuring and installing new hardware and software and reviewing, monitoring and upgrading existing systems. Building and repairing of hardware and helping users with peripherals as needed. Travel to the downtown Minneapolis office for occasional support.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support from all users (including executive level); identify, research, and resolve technical problems; ensure timely resolution and follow-up.
- Answer basic questions or resolve basic computer problems in an expedient manner; provide assistance for hardware and software related problems.
- Diagnose calls to determine level of technical assistance required; if unable to resolve problem, transfer call in accordance with escalation procedures.
- Provide support for all user IT related issues; work with available resources to provide effective solutions, break/fix and problem resolution.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware as necessary.
- Document and update technical and non-technical solutions
- Maintains IT equipment database
- Assist remote Network Administrators as needed
- Work call center with a team of other Technicians located in the Wisconsin Rapids, WI office
- Help and assist with conference room equipment setup and support
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software.
For this role, you must have:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related subject area preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience Desktop Support role preferred
- Windows AND Mac OS experience required
- Knowledge of computer programs including current Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office products, Helpdesk ticketing software is a plus; Apple OS X is absolutely necessary, IOS and Android.
- Demonstrated knowledge using and troubleshooting various applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and web based applications.
- Ability to configure Outlook and solve issues such as views, calendar-sharing, email rules, data migration, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills
Bonus points for:
- JAMF experience
- PowerShell scripting and printer repair
- Use of video conferencing systems and software
- Use of AV sound and video equipment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!