- home office, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Renaissance is the leader in K12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters---creating energizing learning experiences in the classrooms. At Renaissance, you’ll join a company passionate about accelerating learning for all—a mission that resonates with the 900+ dedicated professionals that work to develop and support world-class products used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries worldwide. By delivering deep insight into what students know, what they like, and how they learn, our products are helping educators make an impact on the lives of millions of students.
In this position, a Project Manager helps to manage projects that fall outside of product-line. Responsible for the planning, analysis, execution, and closing of projects. In particular, this role will focus on managing and tracking deliverables across teams, both inside and outside of the organization in order to meet milestones, communicate risks and issues, and provide insight into the various projects being managed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Inform all involved parties of risks, issues and concerns, and take mitigating action to correct as needed
- Develop capacity plans for all internal teams, and use those as a way to identify operational optimizing practices
- Develop integrated timelines, milestone, risks, issues for each project
- Conduct market, industry, and competitive analysis on specific companies
- Develop operational processes for providing updates to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Interface with executive level roles inside and outside of the organization as needed to facilitate proper communication channels, project plan development, and team coordination
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. In accordance with applicable laws, Renaissance Learning will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience and/or training
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Project Management Professional certification desired (or equivalent in certifications or experience)
- Proficient with PC/Mac applications for project management
- Proficient with MS office applications
- Virtual meeting software proficiency
Other General Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to plan and communicate effectively across teams, communication methods, and technologies
- Ability to elicit and present findings, processes, plans, goals, and project status to Executive and Board level individuals in a professional and concise manner
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.