- Home Office, Nation wide, REMOTE, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As a member of the Freckle product team, you'll work on helping develop and execute on our product vision as Renaissance becomes the most important education company of a generation. We want Freckle to be the product that students and teachers trust most for learning by doing, and we want to do that across the world. We've just gotten started, and we want your help to get to the next level.
You'll work on features for teachers that:
● Give them better information about how to reach their students where they most need help
● Give them more time to spend on the most important parts of their job
● Make them advocates for Freckle when talking to their peers and administrators
You'll work on features for students that:
● Engage them in ideas and problems in Math, English, Social Studies, and Science, and inspire them to work to solve them
● Give them ownership over their own learning
● Help them realize that struggling is an important part of learning, and inspire them to persevere
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Renaissance is a mission-driven company that takes pride in accelerating learning and improving the lives of millions of students.
Your first week you'll do things like:
● Examine the data around an existing feature, do user interviews, and then develop a plan for improving it
● Examine collected feedback around a specific feature request, talk to users who gave that feedback, and think about how that fits in with the overall product, then create a spec to address it
Your first quarter you'll do things like:
● Partner with designers and engineers to design solutions
● Work with your fellow product managers to prioritize the roadmap
● Work with the teams such as sales, marketing, and support to understand how are products are sold and implemented
● Assess the solutions you have shipped to identify areas to continue to evolve them to better help users accomplish their goals
Your first year you'll do things like:
● Have an impact on millions of students and arm them for success in school and in life
● Lead the discovery and delivery of initiatives to bring bring Freckle users new capabilities and bring Freckle to new users
For this role you must have:
● Minimum 2 years of experience in software product management, data science, product design, or related role
● Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and a collaborative nature, including listening skills
● Critical thinking and analytical abilities; experience with BI/analytics tools and SQL
● High degree of empathy for those within and beyond the team, including K-12 students
● Passion for shipping the best products and achieving the best outcomes for users and customers
Bonus Points for:
● Experience designing and executing product tests and experiments
● Project management and organizational skills
● Educational background or experience (in the classroom or in edtech)
● Technical, design, or marketing background
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $77,500 - 106,600. This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!