Financial Accountant II
- home office during pandemic, Minneapolis, MN, United States
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology!
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The Financial Accountant II role is responsible for assisting in the creation and maintenance of timely financial records for the organization. Specific duties include journal entry preparation, completion of account reconciliations, and data compilation for month end close and financial reporting. The role is also responsible for maintaining accounts and records in various general accounting functions. The role will collect and help analyze financial data, which is used in reports and recommendations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the month end close processes, including collecting and analyzing information vital for the preparation of journal entries, and reviewing account balances to ensure fluctuations are reasonable and appropriate
- Perform reconciliations and research related to a variety of areas of the business, utilizing systems to compile required information for balancing and reporting
- Perform review and approval of certain journal entries and account reconciliations
- Develop, implement and maintain proper keeping of financial records and supporting documentation for certain general ledger areas, including fixed assets and internally developed software
- Assist with internal and external reporting and with external audit requirements
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned area of responsibility
- Identify efficiencies and opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from four-year college or university preferred, and
- Proven three years experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Proficient with PC applications
- Proficient with MS office applications
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheet development
- Experience with accounting and reporting systems
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team and to plan, coordinate, lead and execute tasks or projects in an efficient and diligent manner according to business needs and objectives
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Proven track record of writing routine reports and correspondence, along with speaking effectively before groups in the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented racial minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!