Senior DevOps Engineer - Freckle by Renaissance - Remote
- 2911 Peach St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, USA
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
We are seeking an experienced, talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join the engineering team at Freckle. You’ll be bringing your talent and expertise to continue building and scaling our highly available and distributed SaaS platform.
In this role you will:
- Design infrastructure and automated systems to support our distributed architecture
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and constantly improve its reliability & speed
- Forecast and plan for the infrastructure needs of a fast-growing SaaS company and find ways to improve efficiency
- Collaborate with our engineering team to detect and resolve infrastructure problems.
- Maintain highly available web and backend systems that serve millions of users, and 1000’s of requests per second
You will do it using your...
- BS in Information Systems or Computer Science, related field experience, or both.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Hands-on knowledge of public cloud infrastructure - Ideally AWS
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, PHP, shell, etc
- Strong interest or experience in a functional programming language (Haskell, Scala, Clojure, etc)
- Experience with managing relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Good experience with logging and reporting systems (Splunk, Datadog, etc)
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
You will fit in by…
- Thinking like an owner
- Drive for results
- Communicating with honesty, candor, and respect
- Automating anything that you have to do more than once
You will love it because…
- You will build and share products that are making a difference in the lives of millions of students and thousands of teachers
- You will collaborate with other brilliant minds
- You will be rewarded and recognized for your high-caliber work, and you will enjoy autonomy
- You will see first hand how curriculum is designed and the impact it has on classrooms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
- For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/
- For information about Freckle by Renaissance, visit: https://www.freckle.com/