- 860 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, USA
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Renaissance is looking for a Product Owner to help deliver our next generation of highly scalable, robust web applications. You will be responsible for influencing and executing the product roadmap, with an emphasis on the Renaissance’s Growth Platform, which makes it easy for teachers to assess where students are against a learning progression of skills, driving a personalized lesson planning experience with access to the instructional resources the teacher prefers. You will be deeply embedded in a highly skilled, Agile engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Work with engineers, product managers, architects, UX and R&D leadership to groom and prioritize the team backlog
- Batch work within an epic into prioritized user stories with top notch acceptance criteria and definition of done requirements
- Understand and embrace Agile estimation approaches and allow the team to manage itself
- Push the product manager and pull the team to maintain continuous velocity, ensure quality, adhere to the budget and motivate team
- Be available for all scrum/agile ceremonies and serve as a committed member of the team
- Consult with other engineering teams to coordinate on cross-team dependencies and to provide guidance on AWS/Cloud platform approaches and technologies
- Work with stakeholders to communicate project status
- Participate in and support content partner negotiations
- Define, track and improve key metrics for team deliverables
- Deliver product and technical debt resolutions in a transparent manner
- Bridge the gap between technical needs and the requirements of the users
- Become familiar with the organizational development practices, platform requirements and project management framework
- Manage communications to internal teams on the current work of the engineering team
- Represents business stakeholders and voice of the customer to team.
For this role, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile software development framework, preferably working in a fast-paced environment –
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise communicating progress at each phase
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Track record of success
- Ability to drive results through engineering teams with a focus on team engagement
Bonus Points for:
- Prior EdTech Experience
- Product Owner certification from well-known agile training organization
- Previous experience with Jira, Confluence, Tempo, Structure or similar Agile planning tools
- Previous experience with cloud-based AWS platform
- Prior experience as a scrum master, business analyst, software engineer or quality assurance engineer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!