Senior Frontend Software Engineer
- remote office, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
We are seeking an experienced, talented Senior-level Frontend Engineer to join the engineering team at Freckle - a part of the Renaissance Learning family of education technology products. Freckle makes sure no students get left behind through its adaptive personalized software practice program. You’ll be bringing your talents and expertise to continue building and evolving our highly available and distributed SaaS platform.
In this role, you will:
· Architect, design and develop the frontend of all of Freckle’s products, tools and services.
· Champion and evangelize the best frontend practices to the rest of the team.
· Mentor and support more junior developers in the organization .
· Create, improve, and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time and with carefully calculated debt and tradeoffs.
· Work closely with Freckle educators, product managers, customer success reps, and account executives to help the business move fast and efficiently through relentless automation.
· Communicate effectively in a distributed work environment.
How you will do this:
· You’re part of an agile, multidisciplinary team.
· You bring your own unique skillset to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
· You prioritize your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
· You experiment, test, try, fail, and learn continuously.
For this role, you must have:
· You have a track record of at least 5 years of working in (or leading) teams that rapidly ship high-quality web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users. Having done this in a startup context is a plus.
· You have experience with and understanding of the functional programming paradigm.
· You have experience conducting code reviews, providing feedback to other engineers.
· You have great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
Bonus points for:
· You have been exposed to JS static type checkers (Flow, Typescript,…)
· Experience with functional programming languages (Haskell, Scala, Clojure, …)
· You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
- Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
- Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
- Vacation Time Off
- 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness Incentives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/
For information about Freckle by Renaissance, visit: https://www.freckle.com/