- 6625 W. 78th Street, Bloomington, MN, us
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with, and report directly to the Director of People & Culture to:
· Lead the development of Renaissance’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
· Design and facilitate DEI trainings for senior executives, managers and employees on topics like bias, microaggressions and psychological safety
· Analyze findings from internal data like employee engagement, talent acquisition and turnover
· Partner with managers and Employee Relations to resolve employee conflicts involving microaggressions and bias
· Serve as the facilitator and manager of Employee Resource Groups/Identity Communities at Renaissance
· Create a safe space for employees from underrepresented and historically marginalized backgrounds through both 1:1 conversations and employee resource groups.
· Support change management for processes (i.e. Talent Planning) , systems (i.e.Performance Management) and cultural norms (i.e. communication) to make Renaissance a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
Within the first month
· Get to know the rest of the HR team.
· Understand how DEI work intersects with other HR COEs
· Dig into the DEI context at Renaissance through 1:1 conversations, engagement/inclusion survey results, and roundtables with diverse voices.
· Establish relationships with key DEI stakeholders at Renaissance.
· Get to know the Renaissance culture and develop your observations around the state of inclusion
Within the first six months
· Analyze key data and evidence to drive a comprehensive view on the state of DEI at Renaissance
· Define the DEI strategy at Renaissance and communicate and align key stakeholders and leaders around this vision, in conjunction with the Director of People and Culture
· Develop a DEI learning & development plan for the entire Renaissance workforce
· Serve as a DEI subject matter expert by giving perspective, insights and knowledge in a consultative matter
· Facilitate and support internal DEI events, workshops, and trainings
Within the first year
· Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of our DEI strategy and develop necessary action plans
· Develop company-wide dashboards depicting our progress towards diversity, equity and inclusion. Specifically, track KPIs for hiring, retention, employee experience, and turnover from a DEI lens.
· Collaborate with leaders to make DEI a foundational element of Renaissance’s culture and talent philosophy.
· 1-2 years of DEI program management experience, preferably in the building of a DEI program at a larger company.
· Have a strong understanding of key DEI concepts like inclusion, equity, psychological safety, empathy, bias, and microaggressions
· Experience in or understanding of other HR functions
· Hold excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Be flexible and ready to adapt to new priorities as they arise
· Strong analytical skills with data
Bonus Points for:
· Have a knack for influencing others, especially those who are very new to the DEI space
· Be open to taking risks and trying new things to drive culture changes at Renaissance
· Be collaborative, curious and radically candid
· Be empathetic and skilled with uncomfortable conversations around race and identity at work
· Experience with K-12 EdTech
· Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
· Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
· Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
· Vacation Time Off
· 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
· Commuter benefits
· Wellness Incentives
** All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.”
Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission. Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.