- 6625 W 78th Street, Bloomington, MN, United States
Renaissance is the leader in PreK-12 learning analytics--enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance's solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters--creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Whether you are based at our corporate headquarters in beautiful central Wisconsin or at one of our other many locations, you can make a real difference in education. We offer competitive compensation, enviable benefits, and smart, friendly co-workers—all in a relaxed, fun atmosphere where you'll have the opportunity to excel each day.
Renaissance is seeking an Accounting Manager that will lead and support the Finance and Accounting daily functions, including but not limited to, reviewing journal entries, reviewing reconciliations, leading the financial close and performing special projects to maximize the use of our financial systems. This position is responsible for ensuring that internal controls are in place and financial reporting is accurate and timely. The ideal candidate will be a team builder and day-to-day leader with the team, digging into the details as needed, but also empowering the team to lead initiatives and solve problems. They need to be good at pacing teams to meet deadlines, while also supporting accuracy and attention to details. They also need to be a good communicator and investing in the team to teach them, but also clearly describing expectations for the team.
This position can be at least partially remote. Some travel is needed to our office in Wisconsin Rapids, WI.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Lead the day-to-day accounting functions, including reviewing core accounting entries and general ledger reconciliations, ascertaining all key controls are followed and improving team’s processes.
· Partner with Assistant Controller and the Controller to ensure all daily responsibilities with the team are paced to meet deadlines.
· Establish clear processes around key controls, including journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
· Manage the monthly close process including analyzing the preliminary financial results and explain variances
· Responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance of all internal control procedures in accounting, including preparation of documentation to support financial accounting policies and procedures.
· Support the Company’s internal and external auditors performing control testing, quarterly reviews and the annual audit, to ensure deadlines are met during the core audit both at interim and year end.
· Identify key risks and opportunities, and work across functions to provide solutions that drive process improvements and strengthen the control environment.
· Manage a team of accounting professionals, that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
· The Accounting Manager will perform other duties and special projects as assigned, including maximizing Net Suite, our general ledger system and leading integration work on acquisitions for the accounting team.
· Key partner with the Tax, Treasury, and Financial Planning and Analysis teams.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, and Minimum 5 years of relevant financial accounting experience, OR Equivalent combination or education and experience
- Strong technical accounting skills with demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Experience with corporate tax preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- CPA or CMA designation preferable
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and other MS solutions
- Advanced experience with ERP systems, financial reporting software and CRM systems, Net Suite experience preferred
Other General Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and business skill
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, attention to detail
- Multi-task, be adaptable and adhere to deadlines
- Problem solver, Proven time management, prioritization and delegation skills
- Must take initiative, be self-motivated and an independent, accountable performer
- Strong at managing many tasks, hitting deadlines and communicating progress on all key initiatives to finance and business leaders throughout the organization
- Skilled at challenging the status quo to drive the necessary changes in the organization
- Process driven person with attention to detail that will drive efficiencies throughout the organization.
#LI - JW1
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.