DevOps-Build and Release Engineer
- 400 N 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
You are an experienced devops engineer. You are innovative, self-motivated and have created robust release infrastructure capable of continuously delivering updates to cloud based applications with minimal downtime, rapidly.
In this role, you will:
● Enable development and product teams to rapidly and efficiently deliver high-quality software to end users
● Build and manage continuous delivery pipelines for cloud infrastructure, applications and databases
● Provide operational support for current deployment processes while participating in on-call rotation
For this role, you must have:
● 4+ years of relevant experience
● Expert in building continuous delivery pipelines
● Expert in deployment strategies such as zero downtime deploys, blue/green, canary etc.
● Expert in managing containerized cloud environments in production
● Adept programming skills in Python (or similar), create high-quality code with the considerations of system performance, scalability, and high availability.
Bonus points for:
● Experience with AWS, ECS
● Experience with dotnet-core build and deployment tools
● Experience with feature flags, dark launches
● Experience with Jenkins administration
● Experience with Windows and Linux administration/troubleshooting
● Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as code (Ansible/Terraform)
● Experience with monitoring and alerting systems (Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty)
● Experience with git and related best practices (branching/merging/rebasing)
● Experience supporting large, complex and evolving distributed web apps
● Familiar with Agile/Scrum process
● A BS Degree in Computer Science
- Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
- Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
- Vacation Time Off
- 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness Incentives
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.”
Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission. Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/