Events Manager (Maternity Contract)
- 189 Marsh Wall, Isle of Dogs, London E14 9SH, UK
Renaissance® is a leading provider of assessment technology to primary and secondary schools. Renaissance products promote success amongst students of all ages and abilities through personalised assessment and practice in reading and maths.
Our software helps to enhance literacy and numeracy skills, support differentiated instruction, and personalise learning to optimise student development. Immediate feedback and detailed reporting equip teachers with the information needed to monitor progress and measure growth. In the UK and Ireland, almost 7,000 schools and more than 1.65 million students use Renaissance products. Worldwide, we support over 18 million students, operating in over 90 countries.
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our UK Marketing team on a 12-month maternity leave contract. This role will oversee all aspects of event planning and management for the UK and for high profile International (GM) events with support from the Content Marketing team and coordinating the efforts of the GM Marketing team. Working with a variety of departments and stakeholders plus external suppliers, this role will facilitate professional, creative and relevant events for customers and prospects - with a particular focus on online events. You’ll be joining a fun, ambitious and growing international marketing team.
Initially the role will be working remotely, but the successful applicant will need to be available to travel to our office in London if required.
- Day-to-day management of upcoming events, such as webinars, Facebook live events, online trade shows
- Delegating event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Liaising with other departments to proactively organise prospect and customer events
- Support the Content Marketing team to promote upcoming events and make recommendations to improve attendance
- Establish and maintain a detailed events calendar with regular updates to the wider marketing team
- Liaise with/manage third-party relationships with event partners and speakers
- Managing events coordinator directly and Marketing Execs indirectly
- Continually raising the bar for the high standards of experience we demand for Renaissance events
- Developing further our online event offering and innovating new event types
- Managing the Event budget and analysing the RoI on events
- Keeping up to date with new formats and using new tech
- Very strong organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial acumen in negotiating contracts and prices
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to develop new approaches / solutions to achieve targets.
- Strong communication (oral, written and presentational), attention to detail and a high level of responsiveness to internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Ideally a marketing, events or business degree and/or experience of working within an events marketing environment. The role requires self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines. A track record in ‘K-12’ Education events experience is desirable but not essential.
We’d love to hear how you feel your skills make you stand out from the rest for this exciting position .To apply, send a covering letter outlining your digital events experience and suitability for the role, alongside your CV, to [email protected] with the title ‘Events Manager’.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please note that we can only consider applicants who already hold a full UK work permit.