Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- 860 Broadway, New York, NY 10003, USA
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Picture it. You are a key member of a creative, enthusiastic, dynamic group of developers building the most widely used products in the education market that truly make a difference in the lives of millions of students and educators around the world.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) working in a Scrum Environment, you will test software applications and features using test suites and scripts, perform anomaly reporting, software analysis, develop automated software test packages using various technologies, perform functional and performance testing, apply black box and white box testing techniques and conduct software development data validation functional and performance testing.
This position is based out of our trendy Union Square, Manhattan location.
In this role, you will:
- Execute tests to ensure compliance with requirements/acceptance criteria and identifies defects.
- Communicate test results with appropriate staff and teams.
- Document test results to support the efficient resolution of defects and to capture defect data.
- Execute and validate the test setup to ensure the QA environment is ready for testing.
- Identify and provide initial problem analysis to develop and implement appropriate action.
- Conduct compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, operating systems and network environments.
- Assist in modifying and designing test strategy, test scenarios and test cases to ensure test coverage and acceptance criteria for assigned responsibility.
- Collaborate with development team to gather data for test coverage.
- Re-create identified defects in the resolution process.
- Collaborate with development team to ensure defects are fixed in a timely manner and to update the defect tracking system as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining standard test methods and procedures.
- Recommend modifications to standard testing processes to improve quality and effectiveness.
- Use defect-tracking system for products in testing.
- Conform with all safety rules and use safety equipment as appropriate to the role.
For this role, you must have:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems and
Minimum of 2 Years of QA testing experience, or
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong programming skills, preferably C# (.NET Framework / .NET Core).
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, for example: Selenium, NUnit, JMeter, etc.
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of large-scale web/cloud-based applications.
- Experience working in an Agile development team.
- Ability to imagine one’s self as an unskilled user of Renaissance’s software products.
- Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
- Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
- Vacation Time Off
- 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness Incentives
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.”
Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission. Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/