- 2911 Peach St, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, USA
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide. Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
As a Software Architect, you will work with talented company leaders including other architects, product managers and our engineering teams to build industry leading educational solutions. In your role you will help develop strategy, define epics for teams and guide development team technical decisions. This role will also be responsible for collaborating with our UX team and defining technical strategy for our user interfaces across multiple product lines.
In this role you will:
Design systems to accelerate student growth by delivering assignments and educational insights.
Design front end applications to support educator decisions through dashboards, reporting and analytics.
Collaborate on epic definition, lead architectural design and participate in initial team planning.
Provide ongoing architectural guidance to engineering teams and broader organization.
Develop strategies for building/reusing User Interface components/frameworks across applications.
Travel occasionally to participate face to face strategic and planning activities.
For this role, you must have:
● Demonstrated ability in architecting enterprise-level highly scalable, distributed, micro-service based web applications and event driven architecture
● Experience with developing applications in AWS using EC2, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, Redis, Elastic Search, Cloudwatch
● Familiar with Agile/Scrum process
● Excellent full stack system-level and lifecycle thinking
● Ability to lead and mentor others
● 6+ years experience developing software, 1+ years in a role defining work for others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.