- 2911 Peach St., Madison, Wisconsin, United States
- Employees can work remotely
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology.
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
Renaissance has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst in our Business Intelligence and Analytics team. This individual will work with functional area teams in providing data driven insights for decision making.
In this position, you will focus on projects/tasks working with other analysts in analyzing business trends using data. You will contribute to the company’s intellectual property and will be accountable for the quality, accuracy, and reliability of the insights developed. Understanding business and operations data is critical to our success in providing our internal customers with relevant reports and insights to support their growth.
This role requires an individual with deep analytical and technical skills, excellent problem solving and presentation skills, outstanding business acumen and a broad range of knowledge to work with Sales, Operations, Marketing and Finance teams, as well as executive leadership. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
In this role you will:
- Interpret, analyze, and summarize results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Turn data into realistic, achievable recommendations and clearly communicate those to users, including executive management
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and transform data, and review existing reports, dashboards, and performance indicators to modify, enhance, and develop new reports
- Provide insights into product sales, market share, and other KPIs
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Quantitative discipline
- At least 3years of professional experience in data/business analytics or comparable analytics position
- At least 3 years relational database and SQL skills in SQL Server or other database platform and creating automated processes for data pulls and updates
- Experience with analyzing data using Tableau, and creating dashboards for reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and apply new technologies when needed
Bonus points for:
- Experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementations
- Functional knowledge of Sales & Marketing funnel
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution
· Medical, dental, vision including Health Savings Accounts
· Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
· Parental Leave – 20 weeks total, 14 weeks paid
· Vacation Time Off
· 12 Holidays and 2 Volunteer Days
· Commuter benefits
· Wellness Incentives