Senior UX Designer
- 220, 400 N 1st Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA
Renaissance is the leader in K12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters: creating energizing learning experiences in the classrooms. At Renaissance, you’ll join a company passionate about accelerating learning for all—a mission that resonates with the dedicated professionals that work to develop and support world-class products used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries worldwide. By delivering deep insight into what students know, what they like, and how they learn, our products are helping educators make an impact on the lives of millions of students.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for bringing this mission to life by empathizing with the needs and behaviors of students and educators and innovating solutions for them through design. The ideal candidate has expertise in both interaction and visual design. He/She will thrive in a dynamic work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication with UX Researchers, Product Owners, Product Managers, and Engineers. Teams will rely on the Senior UX Designer to design magic moments into our products that delight educators and students because they are usable, accessible, and intuitively solve their problems.
- Leads design efforts with engineering and product management team members in the innovation, execution, and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials.
- Contributes to the adaptation of Renaissance UX tools, methodology, and software, and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the study of Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or related field, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 5-7 years experience in digital product design.
- Has a deep understanding of and extensive expertise with UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Able to produce high quality results, while simultaneously leading the delivery for a product or initiative and coordinating with partners where needed.
- Experience working in an Agile environment or juggling multiple projects, deadlines, teams and/or clients
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Experience in Education is a plus!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.