HR Business Partner
- 860 Broadway, New York City, NY
Renaissance® is the leader in K–12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey—from year to year and for a lifetime. Our data-driven, personalized solutions are currently used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
This position will report to the Chief People Officer and support Engineering, Technology, Product, and Corporate functions. Renaissance employs over 1000 employees in 10 locations across the country including the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. Our people do really important work for educators and care deeply in making a difference in the lives of 60 million students. We believe our people are the life-blood of our company.
- The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for building strong collaborative relationships and will be a trusted partner helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and identify and develop the talent necessary to deliver Renaissance’s purpose to “accelerate learning for all”.
- The HRBP leverages best in class HR practices while partnering with business leaders and HR Centers of Excellence to continually design, deliver and support the company's people strategies and business initiatives while ensuring that business goals are met. The HR Business Partner will help to establish Renaissance as an employer of choice while empowering all team members at all levels of the organization.
- The HRBP serves as the primary strategic partner and consultant to the business, developing HR strategies, conducting needs assessments and developing corresponding HR solutions and acts as an employee champion and change agent with a strong emphasis on employee engagement initiatives.''
Succession Planning/Talent Review/Organizational Development
- Leads the departmental Talent Review and ensures there is an effective Succession Plan strategy in place for all key positions
- Partners with business teams to create development plans and high potential programs
- Supports culture change initiatives and establishes key change management strategies for business-related events impacting human capital
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence in the design, development and execution of solutions through organizational development, cultural and process-oriented perspectives
- Collaborates with the HR Center of Excellence and works closely with management in the successful implementation and communication of corporate policies, processes and initiatives related to human resources, organizational and employee development.
Strategic Partner and Consultant
- Serves as the primary strategic partner and consultant to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions
- Collaborates with Business Partners to influence business strategy based on a deep understanding of the business implications for the organization and brings HR expertise to business/operational discussions with linkage to the people strategy and business objectives
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners in the Centers of Excellence to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; including relationship management, leadership, HR roles & responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Based on the business strategy, works in conjunction with the business to identify, design, and implement appropriate organizational structures and key capabilities required to achieve business objectives
- Supports the Performance Management cycle for their assigned functions including reviews, compensation, bonuses, and turnover improvement
- Plays an active role with Business Partners in managing team member performance and maintaining a culture of accountability.
HR Insights and Analytics
- Reviews HR reports; analyze and identify trends in key people metrics that have implications for the business
- Partners with the business to ensure there is a plan in place to improve engagement scores
- Provides coaching and counseling for the business on trends in internal employee relations issues
- Conducts exit interviews, shares information and highlights opportunities for improvement
- Identifies retention risks and makes recommendations for retention
Additional Projects as assigned
- 10+ years of experience within similar role
- Previous experience as a Business Partner supporting Technology/Engineering functions a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean/Agile methodology
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- HR certification is a plus, PHR, SPHR, and/or GPHR
- 10+ years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues and business partnering experience.
- 10+ years' progressive experience in multiple human resource disciplines, including talent management, talent acquisition, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strategic thinker - able to provide strategic advice, develop options, analyze risks, make good judgments, and solve problems.
- Proven experience supporting senior leaders on strategic initiatives
- Direct experience in the development, delivery and facilitation of leadership course content to manager level audience’s a plus.
- Successful track record in leading employee engagement initiatives at multiple levels within an organization.
- Proven track record of building and managing strong collaborative relationships
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Business and strategic planning skills
- Ability to use data driven business information (analytics), to extract insight from analysis and translate the impact of HR solutions via measurable results.
- Ability to plan and manage projects within time constraints
- Strong process improvement capability
- Minimum of 5 years of people management experience preferred
- Exceptionally strong consulting and coaching skills
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Experience working in a field HR position with multi-state based clients preferred
- Strong developer of organizational talent
- Extensive employee engagement abilities
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to Human Resources
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment and roll-up their sleeves.
- Ability to travel 25%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.