- 860 Broadway, New York, NY
Renaissance is the leader in K12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters---creating energizing learning experiences in the classrooms. At Renaissance, you’ll join a company passionate about accelerating learning for all—a mission that resonates with the 900+ dedicated professionals that work to develop and support world-class products used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries worldwide. By delivering deep insight into what students know, what they like, and how they learn, our products are helping educators make an impact on the lives of millions of students.
Renaissance is looking for a Senior Product Owner to help deliver our next generation of highly scalable, robust web applications. You will be responsible for influencing and executing the product roadmap, with an emphasis on the Renaissance’s Student Growth Platform, which makes it easy for teachers to assess where students are against a learning progression of skills, driving a personalized lesson planning experience with access to the instructional resources the teacher prefers. You will be deeply embedded in a highly skilled, Agile engineering team.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in the Education industry and strong technical skills, who can clearly communicate technical concepts, combined with the ability to understand and empathize with customers, prioritize investments, and negotiate on business and technical trade-offs. We are looking for someone who is optimistic, down-to-earth, and passionate about delivering software that drives us toward our mission to accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide. Cultural fit is our top priority.
In this position, you will …
- Work with engineers, product managers, architects, UX and R&D leadership to groom and prioritize the team backlog
- Batch work within an epic into prioritized user stories with top notch acceptance criteria and definition of done requirements
- Understand and embrace Agile estimation approaches and allow the team to manage itself
- Push the product manager and pull the team to maintain continuous velocity, ensure quality, adhere to the budget and motivate team.
- Be available for all scrum/agile ceremonies and serve as a committed member of the team
- Consult with other engineering teams to coordinate on cross-team dependencies and to provide guidance on AWS/Cloud platform approaches and technologies
- Work with stakeholders to communicate project status
- Participate in and support content partner negotiations
- Define, track and improve ket metrics for team deliverables
- Deliver product and technical debt resolutions in a transparent manner
- Bridge the gap between technical needs and the requirements of the users
- Become familiar with the organizational development practices, platform requirements and project management framework
- Manage communications to internal teams on the current work of the engineering team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, ideally in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile software development framework, preferably working in a fast-paced environment
- Prior EdTech Experience
- Prior experience as a software engineer a plus
- Product Owner certification from well-known agile training organization
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise communicating progress at each phase
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Track record of success
Familiarity with technologies such as...
- .Net framework, C#
- NoSQL technologies
- Big Data tools (Hadoop, etc...)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.