Senior Software Engineer
- 73 Industrial Pkwy N, Aurora, ON L4G 4C4, Canada
Renaissance® is the leader in K-12 learning analytics------enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters------creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey------from year to year, and for a lifetime.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
Imagine helping to develop products that truly make a difference in the lives of millions of students. Renaissance Learning, a leading provider of technology-based school improvement and student assessment programs for K-12 schools, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join its R&D team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment, collaborating with a group of highly talented software engineers to design and build our next generation of web applications.
Be a Master of Your Craft
- Use cutting edge AWS technologies:
- Compute – EC2, ECS, Lambda
- Storage – Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, S3
- Analytics - Kinesis
- Use the latest modern frameworks, such as .NET Core, Angular 2, and GraphQL
- Influence a new CI build process using Git, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, and Docker
- Be a part of an agile team that is truly committed to code quality and innovation
This position requires a minimum of 7-10 years professional experience in full-stack development with a recent focus on building web-based applications.
- Extensive experience with various engineering technologies such as:
- C#, Java, or other object oriented languages
- SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL) and MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using microservices, and event-driven architecture.
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Experience working in an Lean/Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and technologies around version control, test automation frameworks, continuous integration/deployment and production monitoring & support
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms, AWS preferred
- Knowledge of Open Source technologies such as Git, Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Check out this link for a window into our engineering world: http://www.renaissance.com/about-us/careers/engineering-recruitment/