Customer Success Manager - Inside Sales
- 901 Deming Way, Madison, WI 53717, USA
Renaissance® is the leader in K–12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey—from year to year and for a lifetime. Our data-driven, personalized solutions are currently used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 70 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
We are seeking Customer Success Managers who are inside sales professionals and passionate about ensuring that their customers have the right solutions, dedicated to our mission to accelerate learning for all and excited about positively impacting the lives of students and teachers and education in general. This is not a typical tele-sales job; we are seeking sales professionals to work with professional educators by helping solve challenges that educators face. Your hours of work are built around your customers’ school day.
This position is responsible for managing and selling Renaissance's products and services within assigned accounts, with a focus on hunting for new business through upsell, cross-sell, professional development sales as well as renewals. Responsible for cultivating customer relationships, and maintaining high product renewal rates, and strong partnerships with internal sales partners. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you focus on the following:
- Hunt for new business through upsell, cross-sell, and professional development sales on accounts assigned
- Own and maintain existing account base through timely annual renewals
- Complete responsibility for a small new business number
- Utilize the sales process to manage and close opportunities
- Maintain high renewal rates among existing accounts
- Generate customer interest and attendance in company-sponsored events
- Manage/Update opportunities in CRM
- Develop and cultivate key customers and relationships through timely virtual meetings
- Deliver Proposal and Quote presentations
- Manage and resolve customer concerns and issues related to sales opportunities
- Represents sales by participating on initiative teams, based on impacted accounts
- Accountability for achieving sales targets
- Interface with internal departments creating strong working relationships/efficiencies
Forecast demand for assigned accounts
Participate in targeted calling campaigns
Handle incoming sales calls and online chats
Travel required: approximately one week per quarter
Your success will be rewarded through an excellent compensation and benefits program, including significant commission earnings.
- Prior experience in Inside Sales in a Professional Contact Center environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment to accomplish mutual tasks and goals
- Selling skills: track record of success, handling different sales scenarios, following sales processes, phone selling, closing ability, negotiating, handling objections, retaining customers, capitalizing on marketing programs
- Character: Intelligence, tenacity, ambition, judgment, strategic skills
- Personal: Integrity, resourceful, independence, self-awareness, adaptability
- Interpersonal: oral communication skills, written communication skills, assertiveness, team player
- Phone Skills: experience with virtual customer interface
- Results oriented: experience driving results and delivering real educational improvements
- Organizational Skills: experience prioritizing and managing multiple tasks/issues simultaneously
- Negotiating skills: experience finding the most profitable way to complete a deal that works for both sides, while building strong, trusting relationships
- Strong knowledge of educational market with targeted focus on assessment and instruction tools.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.