Marketing Development Representative I
- 901 Deming Way, Madison, WI 53717, USA
About Us: Renaissance is the leader in K-12 learning analytics--enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance's solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters--creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. We offer competitive compensation, enviable benefits, and smart, friendly co-workers—all in a relaxed, fun atmosphere where you'll have the opportunity to excel each day.
Are you looking for a role that lets you engage with prospects and customers in the early parts of the sales process? Renaissance is seeking a Marketing Development Representative to join a team with an exciting and impactful mission – accelerating learning for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Marketing Development Representative I position is a "pre-sales" position. Qualified individuals will be responsible for engaging prospects/customers in the early parts of the Sales process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries entering the sales funnel from various sources via email and outbound/cold calling to empower the sales team with high-quality leads and appointments
- Support the company’s sales efforts by helping support prospecting efforts with inbound and outbound sales and marketing initiatives
- Utilize Renaissance Learning’s customer relationship management (CRM) system to develop a predictable flow of qualified opportunities for the sales organization
- Clearly and accurately position products’ features and benefits to prospects and customers
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with marketing and sales teams
- Earn trust through responsiveness, reliability, detailed communication and knowledge of internal systems and processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. In accordance with applicable laws, Renaissance Learning will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Associates degree from an accredited two or four-year college, and
- Minimum of 1 year of sales development, lead nurturing and/or K-12 professional experience, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with PC applications
- Familiar with MS office applications
- Virtual meeting software proficiency familiarity
Other General Skills
- Basic understanding of lead generation and sales principles.
- Excellent customer service and active listening skills.
- Can assertively make cold calls and handle rejection well.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical, and product knowledge.
- Reliable and self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to learn and think quickly in a technology-focused organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer-focused, problem-solving skills and ability to proactively develop new approaches / solutions to complex problems while maintaining deadlines.
- Ability to be an effective member of an evolving marketing environment by coping with change, learning rapidly, adapting quickly, and working collaboratively
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.