Content Specialist -- myON® - TEMP
- 6625 W 78th St, Minneapolis, MN 55439, USA
Renaissance® applies its proven, data-driven educational technology to amplify the effectiveness of classroom teachers so that students of all levels can achieve their full potential. By giving teachers the right insight, tools, and resources, Renaissance helps teachers teach better, students learn better, and school administrators lead better. Based on its powerful learning data analytics, Renaissance solutions create a feedback loop between students’ current skills and mastery levels and their future goals. Knowing where each student is successful and where each struggles enables teachers to determine the right resources to motivate and allow all their students to learn, achieve, and grow.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
If you share our values and have what it takes to help us achieve our goals, we want you on our team!
Since launching in 2011, myON has established itself as the largest and fastest growing digital literacy platform for the K-12 education market. Over 7.5 million students have access to myON throughout the US and 120 countries worldwide. myON students have access to unlimited reading in a curated library of more than 13,000 digital titles, dynamically matched to each learner’s reading level and interests.
Our Content Specialists work as a team through the book production process on a temporary basis: determining text recordings to testing and correcting digital books; they write content for collaboration with third party publishers, partners, and external vendors. This team also creates and modifies new content for digital books and tests new internal tools. We collaborate with other departments to update and expand our digital library.
- Works with the team throughout the book production process by:
- Determining what text in the book will be recorded
- Prepping audio scripts for audio studio recording.
- Reviewing recorded audio for accuracy and completeness.
- Reporting inaccuracies for re-recording.
- Preparing and finalizing audio time code.
- Verifying book organization files that describe content and order;
- Finalizing digital book assets: Cover, Info, Layouts, Audio
- Testing and correcting digital books.
- Word Highlighting
- Sentence Highlighting
- Content List
- Provides other key services needed for the timely release of production runs to our live site by:
- Documenting features and functions of digital books and our player.
- Writing scripts to collect files and content for collaboration with 3rd party publishers, partners, and external vendors.
- Creating and modifying new content for digital books.
- Testing new internal tools to produce digital titles more efficiently and with expanded features.
- Collaborating with myON and Global teams to update and expand our digital titles and collections.
Again, this is a temporary position. Our wages are competitive; we offer training and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.
The ideal candidate will have:
A 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in the editorial process, audio editing, layout/design creation, copywriting, proofreading or quality assurance
Communicates and collaborates effectively with members of the team
Exceptional attention to detail
A self-starter with outstanding organization skills
Tech savvy and understands basic coding concepts (or is curious about them!)
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.