Software QA Analyst
- 39465 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Renaissance® is the leader in K-12 learning analytics------enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters------creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey------from year to year, and for a lifetime.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
Picture it. You are a key member of a creative, enthusiastic, dynamic group of developers building the most widely used products in the education market that truly make a difference in the lives of millions of students and educators around the world. Renaissance, a Google invested, leading provider of SAAS-based student assessment and practice solutions for K-12 schools is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join its team.
As a Software Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work in a collaborative, agile environment, alongside top-notch software developers to ensure Renaissance products meet its quality requirements and use industry-leading technologies to drive improvements in product quality. You should have solid knowledge of software quality assurance processes and technology, both from a manual and automated perspective. You will be expected to fully understand Renaissance’s product goals and functionality to create an overall test strategy to ensure products are delivered to the acceptance criteria and definition of done. You will create and execute both user story and end-to-end test plans and scenarios and be required to report testing results and status to all levels of the organization.
- Prepare test suites, test plans, develop test cases and execute both manual and automated tests with a focus on coverage, function and performance.
- Using Renaissance’s standard systems and tools; create, update, maintain, execute and report status of test suites and test plans.
- Maintain industry knowledge of new and improved testing products and tools.
- Perform root cause analysis of customer defects, prioritize these defects and drive the deployment of fixes to address these defects.
- Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Actively participate in Agile development methodologies.
- Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree preferred; or 5-7+ years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.