Strategic Account Executive (K-12 Education Sales)
- home office, Denver, CO, us
Renaissance® is the leader in K–12 learning analytics—enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey—from year to year and for a lifetime. Our data-driven, personalized solutions are currently used in over one-third of U.S. schools and more than 60 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
Renaissance, whose mission is to accelerate learning for all, is seeking a proven outside sales professional to sell pre-K-12 math and literacy assessment & instruction practice solutions to assigned school districts. Our solutions appeal to a wide variety of stakeholders and can be funding by a variety of sources. Your existing contacts in some of the largest districts in in this territory will become exciting new leads as you make sales of the best products available in the K-12 market. If you have a proven track record in sales growth and relationship-building, this is the opportunity of a lifetime for you. We're an innovative company improving schools across the country and around the world.
The Strategic Account Executive (SAE) directly generates growth by selling solutions to new and existing key customers through face-to-face contact and proactively managing accounts within the territory. The SAE plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term basis. This individual will collaborate with an internal cross functional team and create sales campaigns to penetrate their accounts. The individual for this role must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of each customer’s specific environment; possess advanced knowledge of the unique trends, legislation, and challenges within the K12 education industry, and have a history of success in selling assessment solutions and/or other curriculum focused products to large school districts.
We have a team selling model which includes inside sales partnering to collaborate on school and some district level opportunities. We have extensive strategic selling support including an academic advisor, technical solutions engineer, funding services, contract administration and proposal writing services, implementation coordination, quoting assistance, project management, legal negotiation support, and data integration system consultants that all help to ensure a well-supported sales process and implementation effort. To top it all off we have a world class government affairs team that drives state level opportunities.
This a field based position with a competitive base salary and uncapped commission with accelerators designed to magnify your earnings as you increase sales before and after hitting plan. You earn commission for both new business as well as renewal sales. Renaissance has strong brand recognition built from 30+ years of customer loyalty.
You may also want to review our:
1. Growth alliance https://www.renaissance.com/growth-alliance/
2. State approvals https://www.renaissance.com/state-approvals/
• Excellent communication skills and the confidence to speak effectively with a range of education leaders as you introduce, demonstrate, and solve some of the key issues in schools and districts.
• Demonstrated experience working with top level administrators in person and in virtual settings
• Able to generate appointments, develop strategy, and present Renaissance Learning’s best in class solution-based products and services
• Effectively articulate an in depth understanding of customer needs
• Proven success selling to districts with over 50,000 students
• Experience closing contracts in the $100K+ range
• Experience managing large district accounts at both the central office and school levels.
• Comfortable using online presentation software like Webex and Skype
• Exceptional organizational, territory and time management proficiency to increase your effectiveness as a sales professional.
• Proven experience working in a collaborative environment providing win-win opportunities and a partnering approach to your accounts and the entire sales team.
• Proven work ethic, a commitment to personal development and an attitude of self-motivation.
• Position requires 7-10 years related K-12 sales experience
• BA/BS degree in a related field with a strong academic record.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.