Reservationist - Twin Farms
- Department: Reception Staff
Opened in 1993, Twin Farms Resort is a luxury, all-inclusive resort that prides itself on offering exceptional service to its guests. Twin Farms- a renowned farm-to-table restaurant that serves gourmet meals made from locally sourced ingredients. Located in Barnard, Vermont, with a beautiful and peaceful setting, surrounded by over 300 acres of lush forests, meadows, and ponds. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, granting an opportunity to explore and appreciate the natural beauty of the area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Reservationist serves at a critical hub of guest interaction- from fielding initial inquiry and disseminating information, to accurately making reservations and detailing guest specifications, to processing payments, and assisting with guest activity requests. Responsibilities vary greatly in a multi-task environment that requires great flexibility, an accurate attention to detail, and an unwavering professional demeanor. Importantly, the Reservationist works very closely with other departments in clearly and thoroughly communicating pertinent guest information along with providing guest service support as needed.
· Receives guest inquiries and makes reservations - individuals and small groups (2-9 rooms)
· Processes deposits and final balance due for reservations
· Sends confirmation letters, guest preference forms, spa menus, trip insurance information, directions, and other information as needed
· Assists with ongoing maintenance of all reservations, including guest preferences, special requests, and arrival and departure information
· Aids in coordinating ground transportation to and from LEB, BTV and MHT airports
· Strictly and accurately follows guest check-in and check-out procedures
· Assists with the collection, posting and documenting of guest incidental charges, including spa/massage receipts, premium wine purchase slips, gift purchases slips, floral purchases, etc.
· Charges guest incidentals and sends payment receipt at checkout
· Helps with gathering information for weekly Reservations department meetings
· Processes inquires, including brochure requests, and enters details into database
· Assists, or may independently run, daily night audit/reconciliation process, credit card batching, and server data back-up
· Collects final payment for all upcoming reservations
· Provides feedback and assistance to marketing on initiatives
· Occasionally supports marketing with collating/distributing promotional mailings
· Answers and directs incoming phone calls and arrivals, including gate access onto property
· Liaises between guests and all hotel departments as needed: Dining Room, Guest Services, Grounds, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Recreation and Spa
· Supports Recreation and Concierge as needed: golf, off-site tours/guides, car rentals, etc
· Assists Concierge as needed with scheduling guest requests for spa/massage
· Processes and documents gift shop sales
· Completes any other assigned duties or discovered tasks as needed
(Continues on page 2) 1
Required Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Embodies a customer oriented approach to guest issues with a positive and proactive attitude.
· Skilled in presenting a professional demeanor at all times- particularly when interacting with guests, vendors and fellow employees.
· Able to simultaneously manage a diversity of tasks efficiently and effectively with minimal error.
· Basic understanding of hotel information systems and their essential functions.
· Fluid in ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a team.
· Able to exert clear, consistent, friendly, and effective communication skills within a variety of situations - particularly when used in phone and email communications.
· Demonstrated organizational skills that include assessing needs, prioritizing, and managing time well despite frequent interruptions, changes, and unexpected stresses; able to consistently ensure proper follow up.
· Capable of asserting independent judgment in line with Twin Farms policies on limited matters in the absence of the Reservations/Office Manager.
· Knowledge of, or ability to understand and learn, our hotel computer/reservation systems.
· Moderate to strong level of computer use skills particular to Windows office applications, and Internet. Familiarity with hotel reservations software a plus.
· Observant in caring for and managing guest information with a strict adherence to confidentiality.
· Interested in learning and developing new skills.
· Flexible to some extent in managing work schedule; demonstrating a sincere level of reliability, including being available to open or close Front Office, work extended shifts, and occasionally be available during weekends/holiday periods.
Education and Training:
· Minimum of a High School or equivalency degree; with preference given to a college degree- particularly in hospitality.
· Previous experience in customer service essential with hospitality experience highly desirable
· CPR, AED, basic first aid certification desirable
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work, and phone communications.
· Light lifting up to 40lbs.
· Duties are often conducted independently but also involve a high degree of team collaboration.
· Occasional duties outside of office include local travel/guiding/transporting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.