Massage Therapist - Twin Farms
- Department: Other
Twin Farms is located in bucolic Barnard, Vermont, about 90 minutes from Burlington, three hours from Boston, or five from New York City. Stays are reserved for adults only and are inclusive of all meals, fine wines and spirits, as well as all activities and equipment.
As one of the world's celebrated Five Star hotels, we recognize that people are essential to our success. Indeed, the very essence of great hospitality comes from the dedication of every member of the Twin Farms team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guest’s questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Assistant Spa Manager or other management personnel about product need.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Greet guests and perform check-in/out procedures
- Follow all cash and credit card procedures required by hotel and brand standard
- Check expected departures and clear check out
- Update housekeeping room status
- Explain any of the hotel’s promotional items, and mention various hotel amenities, (i.e. free breakfast, spa, fitness center, voice mail, etc.) to guests during lags in phone or in-person conversations
- Respond promptly to any guests’ inquiries or complaints and offer alternate solutions if guest demand cannot be met
- Demonstrate commitment to servicing the guest by being hospitable and accommodating
- Document any guest accidents by completing the accident report form
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous massage and body work experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa. Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation
High School Diploma or GED. Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state or local level.
Physical Requirements/Miscellaneous Requirements:
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- This position required the ability to balance, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, tactile sense, and repetitive motions.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: products such as lotions and oils, other enhancement tools such as stones or hot pack
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Property Gratuities
- Paid time off up to 4 weeks
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid overtime
- Paid health and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Daily Staff Meal
- Relocation Assistance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.