Housekeeper - Twin Farms
- Department: Housekeeping
Twin Farms is located in bucolic Barnard, Vermont, about 90 minutes from Burlington, three hours from Boston, or five from New York City. Stays are reserved for adults only and are inclusive of all meals, fine wines and spirits, as well as all activities and equipment.
As one of the world's celebrated Five Star hotels, we recognize that people are essential to our success. Indeed, the very essence of great hospitality comes from the dedication of every member of the Twin Farms team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
$1000 Sign on Bonus
Housekeepers care for and prepare guest rooms and common areas to the standards and expectations set out by Twin Farms. From room make ups and turn downs to room turnovers, work involves high attention to detail and an efficient use of resources
Tasks generally involve the regular renewing, refreshing, straightening, cleaning, clearing, and sanitizing of accommodations and common areas. Housekeeping often responds quickly and efficiently to changing demands and guest needs. Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Preparation: inventory check and loading of the day’s supplies
- Make-up/turndown service: pull trash and laundry; sanitize/clean bathrooms and fixtures, mirrors, and eating areas; dust; vacuum; make beds; replenish provisions (firewood, toiletries, amenities); and properly reset fireplace as needed.
- Turn-overs: prepare room for check-in. Strip and make beds with fresh linens, clean bathrooms, vacuum, dust, and stock amenities.
- Common areas maintenance: ensure the cleanliness and presentation of all common areas.
- Laundering: gather and haul laundry/linens to the laundry building; as needed, load machines, fold and store, deliver guest laundry.
- Closet restocking: inventory and restock amenities and linens as necessary in all housekeeping closets within accommodations.
- Department workspace maintenance: clean and maintain laundry building, bathrooms, break rooms, and office areas.
- Vehicle Usage: operate vehicle with diligent care and make sure vehicle has supplies, linens, refuse and anything else cleaned out at end of shift.
- Efficient practices- take responsibility for a job that is thorough, accurate, and timely while keeping attention to important details.
- Reporting- observe and report maintenance issues, missing inventory, or damage.
- Other: carry out other duties as assigned.
- A positive, “can do” attitude- ready to take on tasks with considerable care for Twin Farms’ service standards.
- Independent- Able to perform duties independently with minimal supervision, good follow-through, and completion of tasks.
- Team Oriented- Comfortable working in a team environment; getting along well with supervisor, co-workers, and staff from other departments.
- Committed to communicating clearly and regularly with others.
- Comfortable infrequent use of cleaning supplies/chemicals.
- Detail-oriented- Observant in taking care of all aspects of service and in following directions well.
- Safety-minded- Careful in conducting duties and always mindful of safety practices/risks.
- Professional presentation- Skilled at presenting self in a professional guest service manner when involved in occasional guest interaction.
- Good decision-making skills- Practiced at exercising good judgment and making appropriate decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals.
- Flexibility- maintains flexibility in work schedule as shift demands change with business activity. Attendance during holidays/holiday periods is typical.
- Reliability- demonstrates good punctuality and reliability in attendance.
Required Education and/or Training:
- Cleaning experience that includes a familiarity with the safe use of cleaning products as well as a basic knowledge of cleaning tools/equipment operation.
- Previous guidance in following basic health and safety procedures.
- Minimum of a High School, vocational, or equivalency degree.
Required Working Conditions:
- Coming and going in all weather conditions outside- to transport self, laundry, and cleaning supplies from room to room/cottage to cottage.
- Regularly lifting and carrying of 10 to 15 pounds with occasional lifting of 30 to 40 pounds.
- Constant walking, bending, reaching, moving around, and pushing/carrying equipment. Also requires frequently reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Work is conducted on feet for the entire shift.
- Property Gratuities
- Paid time off up to 4 weeks
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday Pay
- Paid overtime
- Paid health and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Daily Staff Meal
- Relocation Assistance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.