Senior Research Associate - AAV Purification
- 3650 Dunhill St, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Rejuvenate Bio is using a convergent, multi-disciplinary approach, combining gene therapy, proprietary targets, and the animal health market to bring human age-related therapies to market. We are targeting the core drivers of chronic age-related diseases by unlocking the power of gene expression and epigenetic reprogramming to reverse pre-existing heart disease, metabolic disease, and kidney failure in humans.
Each therapy we’re developing has the potential for therapeutic impact across multiple disease indications, with each new piece of data validating the approach and increasing the value of each clinical program. This will allow us to rapidly expand each product into multiple indications. Additionally, our animal health programs provide an untapped market for early revenue and further validation for use in humans.
Sr. Research Associate – AAV Purification
At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age-related diseases. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets and people with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximize lifespan.
We are seeking a high-motivated and detailed individual to join our Upstream Process Development team and help accelerate the development of our gene therapies! The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for developing robust, efficient, and scalable purification process for AAV and plasmid DNA. Working closely with other Associates and Scientists, you will perform a variety of molecular biology work, including molecular cloning, PCR, plasmid preps, sequencing library preps, cell culture, and transfections. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Process Development at Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Perform a variety of molecular and cell biology work, including molecular cloning, PCR, plasmid preps, sequencing library preps, cell culture, and transfection
- Prepare, extract, and purify DNA/RNA/plasmids from bacterial cultures and other samples.
- Manufacturing AAV and Lenti-virus.
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team.
- Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines adherent and suspension.
- Working with a team to optimize our SOPs and processes.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Plan time appropriately given a set of weekly goals.
- B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or related field required.
- At least 1 year of experience performing cloning techniques including PCR, plasmid prep, restriction enzyme digestion and ligation, and Gibson assembly.
- An understanding of protein purification techniques.
- Ability to quickly become independent in daily tasks.
- Ability to discuss results and troubleshoot minor issues independently.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills, and a flexible, goal-oriented personality.
- Experience using AKTA FPLC systems
- Experience in purifying viral capsids (AAV or similar) is a plus, but is not required
- Willingness to work outside of their discipline to accomplish project goals.
- Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
Rejuvenate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Rejuvenate Bio is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is primarily sedentary, and employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, copiers, etc.).
- Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Some light lifting may be occasionally required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone