Sr. Research Associate - Cell Biology (Aging/Longevity)
- 3650 Dunhill St, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Rejuvenate Bio is using a convergent, multi-disciplinary approach, combining gene therapy, proprietary targets, and the animal health market to bring human age-related therapies to market. We are targeting the core drivers of chronic age-related diseases by unlocking the power of gene expression and epigenetic reprogramming to reverse pre-existing heart disease, metabolic disease, and kidney failure in humans.
Each therapy we’re developing has the potential for therapeutic impact across multiple disease indications, with each new piece of data validating the approach and increasing the value of each clinical program. This will allow us to rapidly expand each product into multiple indications. Additionally, our animal health programs provide an untapped market for early revenue and further validation for use in humans.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for our Early R&D team to help discover novel gene combinations for new therapeutic applications. The Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate reports to a Sr. Scientist II, Target Discovery (Aging) and will be responsible for independently performing various molecular cloning techniques, cell/tissue handling, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR/qPCR, FACS, and downstream data curation and interpretation. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience executing cell-based assays using a variety of primary cells and cell lines, and lentiviral and AAV-based assays. Specific responsibilities and requirements will depend upon level of experience.
- Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines; adherent and suspension, running cell based multi well assays
- Molecular cloning, DNA/RNA extraction, qPCR/ddPCR, bacterial transformation and plasmid prep
- Generating small scale lentivirus and AAV
- Immunofluorescence imaging, flow cytometry, ELISAs, and other techniques as assigned.
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Working with a team to optimize our SOPs and processes.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor.
- Plan time appropriately given a set of weekly goals.
- Accurate, timely and compliant execution of assigned projects, related documentation, and any other tasks as assigned by management.
- B.S or M.S. in genetics, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, or related field required.
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian cell culture (maintaining, transfecting, freezing, etc), molecular cloning, and in vitro plate-based assay execution, validation, data analysis and screening.
- Experience with 96/384-well format for cell culture assays is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with lentivirus and AAV is highly desired but not required
- Ability to quickly become independent in daily tasks.
- Ability to discuss results and troubleshoot minor issues.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture of various cell lines and primary cells.
- Experience with in vitro cell-based assays, in vitro screening, and quantitative microscopy.
- Experience with various cloning techniques (gibson, gateway, mutagenesis, etc.) or related.
- Experience with viral vector production, preferably adeno-associated virus (AAV) or lentivirus.
- Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, microscopy, or pooled library prep.
- Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals.
- Ability to search and summarize scientific literature as project needed.
Rejuvenate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Rejuvenate Bio is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position is primarily sedentary, and employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, copiers, etc.).
- Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Some light lifting may be occasionally required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone