- Business Type: Head Office - RW
- Department ID: 23500 - Merchandising - RW
- Job Type: Replacement
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
We are seeking a sketching ninja who is trendy and fashion savy, to join our design team as a Design Assistant. The Design Assistant supports the Design team in product development and the translation of fashion trends to meet the needs of our target customer.
What you do:
- Manages and documents all aspects of sample management in the system
- Creates and executes design sketches
- Assists in the preparation of seasonal color cards
- Assists in preparing concepts, sketches and presentations
- Creates and updates collection boards
- Prepares fabric trims, hand-offs and follow-ups with Global Sourcing
- Prepares merchandising boards and design line sheets
Who you are:
- College diploma in Fashion Design
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge of Illustrator
What we offer (Why work with us):
- Hybrid work
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.