- 250 Rue Sauvé O, Montréal, QC H3L 1Z2, Canada
- Job Type: Replacement
- Grade: 007
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
The Financial Accountant is a key contributor in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting process. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, they will need to understand the impact of journal entry postings, reconciliation of various accounts and analysis/validation of various information. The ideal Financial Accountant will ensure all financial analysis and information is prepared accurately and timely.
Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Ensure timely monthly, quarterly & annual financial close by preparing various journal entries and assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements by preparing various analysis and related note disclosures;
- Conduct monthly general ledger account reconciliations by performing analysis on financial information to provide explanations on variances between periods and conclude on the appropriate treatment of transactions in financial statements and prepare related adjustments if required;
- Coordinate with other departments and stakeholders in the organization to understand significant transactions and implications to financial reporting requirements;
- Assist in annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting activities;
- Fixed asset management and reconciliation, which includes maintaining fixed asset records with additions and disposals each month. Reconciling Construction In Progress (CIP) and preparing the monthly depreciation expense;
- Conduct daily cash flow analysis and forecast future cash flows;
- Prepare and remit federal and provincial sales taxes;
- Assist with special projects, system changes and implementations and bring ideas for process improvements;
- Complete various ad-hoc requests/reports.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance (or equivalent);
- Working towards the CPA designation (an asset);
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant experience;
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including the knowledge of pivot table and various functions/formulas;
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials v9.1 (an asset);
- Bilingualism is required (French & English).
What we offer (Why work with us):
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off ( Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.