Senior Programmer/Systems Analyst - PeopleSoft
- 250 Rue Sauvé O, Montréal, QC H3L 1Z2, Canada
- Job Type: Replacement
- Grade: 009
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
The work of the Senior Programmer/Systems Analyst is based on a broad understanding of retail systems and business processes. Incumbents typically provide support to multiple applications and systems and work on major, critical or complex development and integration projects. She or he may work independently, on a team or as a project technical lead to a group of same or subordinate level staff. Senior Programmer/Systems Analysts may serve as recognized subject matter experts or as technical experts on the specialized systems to which they are assigned, including specifically: PeopleSoft HRIS, Payroll, and Finance Applications.
- Lead development and/or integration of software solutions and their deployment into Reitmans systems environments ;
- May lead development project teams consisting of a group of same or subordinate level staff, or manage development independently ;
- Ensures any potential impacts are covered in the unit test plan; Able to translate complex technical requirements into efficient unit test scenarios; identify non-conformance with software specifications, standards and design documents ;
- Provide an expert knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development, including data base managers and computer architecture, and an expert knowledge of the programming languages ;
- Uses several analytical techniques to identify different problem solutions and weighs the value of each ;
- Maintains, tests and debugs moderately complex to complex subsystems; Consistently produces defect-free code ;
- A subject matter expert in PeopleSoft HR, Finance and Payroll.
- Implements tax updates and patches ;
- Technical and Functional support to all users ;
- Maintain and support systems requiring complex application modifications and enhancements ;
- Respond to system failures; analyze and resolve underlying problems.
- Evaluate existing applications for process efficiency, system integrity, security and data quality; redesign and replace selected application sub-systems as needed ;
- Provide technically advanced client data support, including producing custom reports, download files and other products ;
- Has a visionary role in terms of system changes and programming standards. Anticipates and proposes new technologies in order to stay competitive.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years as a programmer in an Oracle Environment including 3 experience in PL/SQL ;
- Required competence in the primary tools of our application architecture:
- PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Application designer, Application Engine ;
- Oracle database development, PLSQL ;
- Other technical competencies that would be an asset:
- PeopleTools 8.56. ;
- Knowledge of HCM 9.1 and 9.2. or FSCM 9.1 ;
- Relational database maintenance – stored procedures, tuning, etc. ;
- Reports, interfaces, conversions, and enhancements (or extensions) ;
- Translating business/functional requirements into technical design documentation ;
- Creative thinking and problem solving ;
- Versatility across multiple applications.
What we offer (Why work with us):
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off ( Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy (50$-500$)
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.