Senior Programmer/System Analyst - BI Solutions
- 250 Rue Sauvé O, Montréal, QC H3L 1Z2, Canada
- Job Type: Replacement
- Grade: 009
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
The Senior BI Developer in an expert in the overall Business Intelligence (BI) environment including BI architecture, analytical practice and self-service BI deployment across all areas of the business. The BI Developer is responsible for data modeling, data warehousing and data integration. He or She is knowledgeable in all aspects of designing and building a BI experience respecting the best practices. He or She incorporates and grows the date warehouse to include and serve all subjects areas across the business.
- Contributes to BI development and deployment practices;
- Contributes to BI architecture across all business areas
- Leads the architecture and design of backend activities related to data integration and data warehousing ;
- Leads and coordinates several IT groups, such as Integration teams, DBA’s, ETL Specialists and BA’s to define, analyze and translate data requirements of each business area and create an efficient logical and physical data model to represent and implement corresponding data structures ;
- Provides an expert knowledge of the technical aspects of Microstrategy System to build an efficient architecture that supports self-service BI.
- Assumes a leadership role in systems design decisions relative to functionality, architecture for complex BI Information Systems ;
- Responsible for BI Analytics to provide data-driven insights that inform strategy and identifies business oriented opportunities ;
- Defines and enforces governance standards for user community to ensure a clean and efficient environment but also makes corresponding recommendations on performance tuning ;
- Responsible for designing and deploying dashboards/mobile/reports to user community. Leads in providing support and maintenance to user community on providing new changes in iterations to dashboards/mobile/reports ;
- Uses several analytical techniques to identify different problem solutions and weighs the value of each ;
- Mentors and actively participates in the education and development of less experienced BI team members ;
- Exercises independent judgement and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using technology and/or integrating diverse user systems ;
- Presents and discuss technical information.
Who you are:
- University/College degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or Mathematics ;
- 8 years of experience in Microstrategy is required.
- Experience with Oracle Databases is an asset
- Experience in Google Big Query or Snowflake is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency using Data Modeling tools ;
- Excellent Communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
What we offer (Why work with us):
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off ( Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy (50$-500$)
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.