Programmer Analyst - Salesforce Developer
- 250 Rue Sauvé O, Montréal, QC H3L 1Z2, Canada
- Job Type: Replacement
- Grade: 008
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
The Salesforce Developer's role is to work with business partners with Service Cloud as a focus. You'll be responsible for design and development of customizations, extensions, configurations, and integrations. This includes coding, unit testing, building applications, and creating and modifying existing applications. This position will work alongside Salesforce Administrators and other business analysts in the Information Systems team. Candidates will be working collaboratively with client and project teams as well as working from proposal development to deployment and support. An on-call rotation may be associated with this position.
- Meet, gather, analyze and document functional and technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Determine business, functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Create and execute unit, integration and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Ensure service level availability of the Force.com platform and integration applications and provide on-call support for break/fix/enhancement activities to resolve application issues.
- Build Salesforce applications using Apex and Visualforce and leverage the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support the company's programs.
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Follow and understand Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Assist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.
- Proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application design, support, and practice development efforts.
- Integrate multiple systems with Salesforce, including internal proprietary and third party applications
- Implement and maintain Salesforce customizations such as custom fields and objects, layouts, workflows, process builder, and validation rules
- Lead customer-driven solutions utilizing strong technical design skills and strong working relationships with internal groups
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training and documentation
- Develop, document and enforce application standards and procedures
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Provide technical assistance and end user troubleshooting for bug fixes, enhancements, and “how-to” assistance.
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Act as a point of escalation for Service Desk
Who you are:
- University/College degree in computer science (equivalent)
- 5+ year’s experience as a Salesforce Developer
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com development including modification of standard objects and fields and creation of custom objects and fields
- Apex and Visualforce development, design, configuration, testing and deployment of Salesforce.com solutions
- In depth knowledge of REST/SOAP APIs and experience building integrations with Salesforce.com.
- Knowledge of Salesforce permissions, roles, reports, dashboards, and logical formulas
- Experience in developing custom APEX and Visualforce components
- Experience in migrating data and customizations across Salesforce environments
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong commitment to customer service, employee efficiency, and company growth
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based support environment
- Current Salesforce certifications (e.g. App Builder, Platform Developer I. Platform Developer II a bonus)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices
What we offer (Why work with us):
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off ( Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy (50$-500$)
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.