- 250 Rue Sauvé O, Montréal, QC H3L 1Z2, Canada
- Job Type: Replacement
- Grade: 008
- Status: Permanent
Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
The programmer Analyst will design, write and maintain processes related to Business Intelligence (BI) using different programming languages; develop specific computer and business expertise necessary to provide computerized solutions and maintenance to assigned project/system areas.
What you do:
- Responsible for BI Analytics to provide data-driven insights that inform strategy and identifies business oriented opportunities ;
- Defines and enforces governance standards for user community to ensure a clean and efficient environment but also makes corresponding recommendations on performance tuning ;
- Responsible for designing and deploying dashboards/mobile/reports to user community. Leads in providing support and maintenance to user community on providing new changes in iterations to dashboards/mobile/reports ;
- Uses several analytical techniques to identify different problem solutions and weighs the value of each
- Mentors and actively participates in the education and development of less experienced BI team members;
- Exercises independent judgement and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using technology and/or integrating diverse user systems ;
- Responsible for all programming aspects for small to moderately complex subsystems including technical analysis.
- Code, maintain, test and debug all programs for the concerns subsystems.
- Provide input for system changes or enhancements, giving primary consideration to the feasibility, maintainability, internal customer needs, and overall cost/benefit and quality requirements.
- Provide accurate time estimates of projects’ duration
- Write all technical documentation related to their programs.
- Troubleshoot all the reports and their related business process.
- Provide all necessary technical/support information to the business systems analysts, operation support and service desk about the systems they’ve created.
- Presents and discuss technical information.
- Participates in “on-call” application support.
Who you are:
- University/College degree in computer science (equivalent)
- 5 years experience in Informatica Power Center or Microstrategy is required
- Expereience with Oracle Databases
- Experience in Google Big Query or Snowflake is an asset
- Excellent Communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
What we offer (Why work with us):
- A competitive benefits package (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Time Off ( Sick Time, Flex Days & Vacation (Full Time Employees Only)
- Additional benefits include monthly bonus potential, opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement
- 50% discount at all Reitmans (Canada) Limited brands (Penningtons, Reitmans & RW&CO.)
- Generous Employee Referral Policy (50$-500$)
If this inspires you…let’s talk. Send us your resume today!
By the way, did you know that Reitmans (Canada) Limited has several hundreds of stores all across Canada and three fashion apparel banners? Get ready to join the Canadian fashion retail icon, with a great success story where you can have a voice and make a real difference.
There are many ways to wear a career at RCL! #ReadytoRCL
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.