Freelance Video Producer, Ad
- Cooper Square, 4th Floor, New York, NY
Refinery29 is a rapidly-growing digital media company that delivers non-stop inspiration for living a more stylish and creative life. From fashion to beauty to products and shopping, Refinery29 takes its users on a constant journey of style discovery.
Since its inception in 2005, Refinery29 has focused on building a massive community through 24/7 original content. Refinery29’s highly engaged consumer base yields 7mm unique visitors and 1.5mm subscribers generating 100mm page views each month. In 2013, Refinery29 was rated #1 in Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Media Companies and #11 in Inc.’s top New York companies. In 2013, Mashable recognized R29’s redesign as of the “15 Innovative Redesigns of 2013”.
Refinery29 is looking for an creative, detail-oriented freelance video producer to contribute to our fast-paced, growing video team. This position will work with various streams within R29 on our advertorial video content, handling all aspects of producing video from ideation, budgeting, timelines, vendor management, acting as creative on-set producer, post-production and ensuring delivery of all elements on time, on scope and on brand. The job will require someone who is self-directed and able to lead a production through all stages.
▪ Interpret client objectives to ideate innovative, cost-effective video concepts to pitch to advertising partners at every level (both series and one-offs)
▪ Write creative briefs and fleshed out video concepts/scripts for internal and client approval
- Assemble creative teams for video shoots and manage resources both in terms of creative direction and deadlines (shooters, locations, hair/make-up, styling, graphics, music, etc)
- Direct talent and crew on set, ensuring execution aligns with the creative brief/direction
- Determine shoot timelines in conjunction with PM/Production and track schedule accordingly
- Work with a range of talent from editors to influencers to vloggers to models
- Secure locations
- Track video shoot costs
- Ensure assigned internal and external vendors meeting assigned deadlines
- Job duties may evolve as per business needs
- 3-5 years experience producing video content - must have experience working on branded content; fashion experience a major plus
- Proven ability to conceptualize and produce creative, successful branded video content from inception through live date
- Must have a range of production resources in LA/NY to tap into
- Fearless approach to delivering against aggressive goals and deadlines
- A core understanding of video technology and resources
- Finger on the pulse of fashion, style and pop culture
- Confident, creative, collaborative personality with exceptional communication skills and attention to detail, ability to multitask