Overnight Accounting Reconciliation - Part Time
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Do you love to stay up late and sleep in? The St. James Hotel is seeking an overnight Night Auditor to process and audit daily transactions including room charges, food and beverage sales, credit cards and gift certificates. Run end of day night audit procedures in the Property Management System (PMS). Attend to the front desk including making reservations, checking guests in and out, and assisting with guest needs by providing exceptional guest service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner providing the highest level of service
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, process no-show reservations and process special requests.
- Assists guests by having knowledge of hotel property, local attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and services.
- Ability to work independently or in a team in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary.
- Review, reconcile and process daily credit card transactions.
- Responsible for accurately balancing all revenue sources, closing the financial day and completing daily financial reports. Follows proper hotel financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize room revenues.
- Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and six months to one-year related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-3 years of experience in retail, accounting or customer service related fields
To promote employee health and safety, and consistent with legal and public health guidance, the St. James Hotel, part of Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. requires that all new hires report their COVID-19 vaccination status. Some positions may require full vaccination. Accommodation requests will be considered consistent with applicable law.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to compute rates and percentages.
- Clear, pleasant, and courteous verbal and written communication skills using appropriate grammar and tone
- Active listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Analytical approach to solving problems
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to learn and use multiple systems and applications
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- One free meal per shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
All offers are contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and drug screen.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)