Port Restaurant Evening Shift Wait Assistant
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Are you looking to continuously grow your knowledge and skills in the food and beverage industry?
You’ll work hard and deserve to be rewarded with great benefits like FREE, delicious staff meals for lunch, or dinner, FREE uniform laundry, and nice coworkers in a friendly environment. You’ll get your workout in, joining our fast-paced team, as you move throughout the restaurant creating remarkable guest experiences. You’ll genuinely smile as you interact with our guests and team in a gorgeous historic environment.
The Wait Assistant is responsible for providing the highest level of beverage and dining service to customers of The St. James Hotel, while building trusted and valued relationships with the customers and providing additional services that meet and exceed their expectations.
Hours: 2-10pm (flexible start times available based on availability)
Days of the week: flexible, must include Thurs-Saturday availability
Pay: $10-13/hour DOQ
To promote employee health and safety, and consistent with legal and public health guidance, the St. James Hotel, part of Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. requires that all new hires report their COVID-19 vaccination status. Some positions may require full vaccination. Accommodation requests will be considered consistent with applicable law.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), three to six months related experience with serving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to demonstrate good verbal, written, and communication skills with attention to detail and interpersonal relationships with guests and employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds at shoulder level.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- One free meal per shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
All offers are contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and drug screen.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)