Hotel Laundry Attendant: Part-Time
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
You’ll get your workout in, joining our fast-paced team, as you move throughout the property creating beautiful and stunning rooms. You’ll genuinely smile as you interact with our guests and team in a gorgeous historic environment. You’ll work hard and deserve to be rewarded with great benefits like FREE, delicious staff meals for lunch, or dinner, FREE uniform laundry, and nice coworkers in a friendly environment.
To promote employee health and safety, and consistent with legal and public health guidance, the St. James Hotel, part of Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. requires that all new hires report their COVID-19 vaccination status. Some positions may require full vaccination. Accommodation requests will be considered consistent with applicable law.
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for collecting, sorting and cleaning laundry as well as maintaining a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel to provide high quality laundry for our guests.
- Perform all stages of linen processing including, but not limited to, collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading washers, dryers and chutes, ironing, folding, pressing, storing, and delivering.
- Maintain cleanliness of laundry machinery and laundry area.
- Maintain stock levels of linen throughout the property.
- Respond to guest service issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Perform guest and employee uniform laundry services as needed.
- Promptly report all maintenance concerns and follow up on repairs.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and one to three months related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, bending, and crawling.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All offers are contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and drug screen.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)