Port Evening Shift Host/Hostess
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
You’ll work hard and deserve to be rewarded with great benefits like FREE, delicious staff meals for lunch, or dinner, FREE uniform laundry, and nice coworkers in a friendly environment. You’ll get your workout in, joining our fast-paced team, as you move throughout the restaurant creating remarkable guest experiences. You’ll genuinely smile as you interact with our guests and team in a gorgeous historic environment.
Hours: 4:00 - 10:00pm
Days of the week: Must include Friday and Saturday evenings, able to pick up weeknight shifts
The Host/Hostess works as a Front of House Team Member, providing superior hospitality in our Restaurant(s) by: Greeting guests with a smile, answering questions about various menu items, and serving beverages to Guests dining in the restaurant. Host/Hostess provides prompt and personalized service experience that ensures 100% satisfaction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), three to six months related customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to demonstrate good verbal, written, and communication skills with attention to detail and interpersonal relationships with guests and employees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to openly communicate with people at all levels of the organization, strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to relate to all different types of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Must establish trust between customers and co-workers, and must give the impression of sincerity, empathy and willingness to serve the customer.
We Offer a Laundry List of Great Perks (including laundry)
- Competitive earning opportunities, based upon experience
- Complimentary employee meals on every shift
- Free uniforms (including free uniform laundry)
- Dining discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)