Wedding/Meeting/Banquet Set Up & Tear Down
- Red Wing, MN, USA
The St. James Hotel sits along the Mississippi River in beautiful downtown Red Wing. The St. James Hotel offers old world service, luxurious amenities and culinary delights delivered by remarkable hospitality professionals.
Learn more about this job from Shelly, our Banquet Manager, by clicking here.
Prepare and disassemble event spaces. Maintain cleanliness throughout entire hotel property to ensure high standard of guest service and satisfaction.
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel event spaces.
- Clean, set-up, and disassemble meeting room functions.
- Effectively work with team members to accomplish assigned tasks each day.
- Providing event chairs, tables, linen, audio/visual equipment set-up and support.
- Reporting issues to Supervisor immediately.
- Comply with all Health and Fire Code guidelines to guarantee we are handling anything consumed by our guests safely and properly.
- Works as a team player and actively contributes to the success of the bar/restaurant/event experience.
- Coordinate activities with all departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of St. James Hotel electronic communication software.
- Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
- Six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, bending, crawling, and climbing a ladder.
- Includes housekeeping duties related to the upkeep of event spaces: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and shampooing floors.
St. James Hotel will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
St. James Hotel. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)